Thursday, 23 February 2012

JLPT N4 - Achievement Unlocked!

Yup, the picture is right! I passed my JLPT N4. While it may be no big deal to some, it's a huge deal to me, especially since I've only started studying Japanese in 2010. Plus, the fact that I'm too shy to make mistakes (I know, it's a huge weakness), means that I hardly ever practice.

I was quite sad earlier, when I was told that my EE grade didn't change after a remark (I suppose that I should be grateful my grade didn't go down), but after thinking about it, I guess I'd rather have my N4 than a higher EE grade.

Yes, so basically, getting my N4 means that I (theorectically) can "understand basic Japanese".

"[Reading]
- One is able to read and understand passages on familiar daily topics written in vocabulary and kanji."
[Listening]
- One is able to listen and comprehend conversations encountered in daily life and generally follow their contents, provided they are spoken slowly"

That sounds way better than N5, which is the ability to "understand some basic Japanese".

2 comments :

  1. Congratulations! I found your blog googling around for other MEXT students, I too will be going in april 2012! great to have found your blog :) keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ramsay(:

      Thanks for your comments. I see (from your blog), that you're going to Osaka. I'll be in Tokyo, but I hope that we can meet up someday.

      じゃまた!

      Delete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.