Friday, 20 July 2012

Babylon Online Dictionary

As part of my efforts of prepare for the Spring Term Final Exams, I made a whole set of notes for my 初級日本語(shokyuu nihongo - beginner's Japanese) textbook. And because I lose absolutely nothing by doing so, I decided to send it to all my friends who wanted a copy (if you want a copy, please leave a comment with your email/email me).

In a surprisingly coincidence, I was approached by Babylon dictionaries to see if I wanted to place a Japanese/English dictionary on this blog. So of course, I said yes.

Before I say anything else, here's a disclaimer: I'm not making any money off this, and as far as I know, there are no adverts in this app.

Ok, so let me introduce Babylon. In their own words,

"Babylon was one of the first companies to offer online dictionaries - it is best known for its dictionary software in which the user can receive dictionary results by simply clicking on a word, and a pop-up window appears with the translation. We also work with all main language dictionaries like Webster, Oxford, Larrousse, etc. (also major Japanese dictionary editors)."

Here is their website and there, you can do a full text translation, which sounds really cool (and like something I'll need for the following semester when I have to read and write essays :p).

So without further ado, 楽しんでください(tanoshinde kudasai - please have fun)

Online Translator

Enter a term and click on "Translate"

Translation Software For a free full text online translator Babylon offers translation in over 25 languages.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.