Thursday, 6 September 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012 Introduction

Hey! How many of you have heard of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month)? Well, it's originally from the States (if I'm right), but now, it's world-wide! Basically, it takes place two months from now, for the whole month of November. The goal is to write a novel (which is supposed to be 50 000 words) in that one month.

It may seem like a crazy thing to do during aki-gaki (the most punishing semester), but hey, it's as good a time as any. I'll probably be able to find excuses every year. So this year, I've gathered three other friends (maybe I'll get more by November), and we're going to encourage each other.

So, take a invisible bow: Rachel, Nic and Becks! Somehow, I'm not surprised that we're doing this together(: (And next year, maybe Grace can join us too. She'll probably blow all our socks out of the water though).

It's the first time for most of us, although Rachel (Ray, I'm calling her Ray from now on) has done this before. It's a bit daunting really.

So, in the two months leading up to NaNoWriMo, I'll be thinking about my characters and plot (I somehow managed to create a plot outline), and reading books about writing. I'll share the books with you guys, of course!

By the way, if you're wondering what a writing event is doing on a blog about Japan instead of the book blog, that's because this is my personal blog, and NaNoWriMo is a personal thing for me.

Does anyone else want to join me? We could add you into our skype group!