Friday, 21 September 2012

With Loving Hearts and Joyous Song

To those who recognise the title, yes, this is the first line to the School Song for MGS (Methodist Girls' School). If you're wondering why, it's because yesterday, Stella and I decided to wear our MG uniform (we are both old girls) to school. Despite the fact that we're in a pre-university course and have graduated 3 years ago.

If you're wondering, no, neither of us brought our uniforms over. But you may consider this almost as "bad", because we got our parents to send them over to us.
You can totally tell who altered her school uniform. Although to be honest,
both of us had infractions that would have gotten us booked ;)
I'm not sure if I should be sad or happy that I still look the same as I did three years ago (which means I can pass for a secondary school student....)

And while our friends and teachers are fairly used to us appearing in a school uniform-ish outfit once a week, they were surprised to see us in an actual uniform. It did make for a very interesting day though. And somehow, quite a few of the other girls want to wear their uniform. Only it's either in their home countries and/or they already threw it away. But personally, I think it'll be awesome to have a day where everyone comes in their school uniform.

And of course, we wanted to express this emotion through wearing the uniform:

I love you MG.

Once an MG girl, always an MG girl.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.