Thursday, 29 November 2012

NaNoWriMo - I An Officially A Winner!

I did it! Today, in exactly four weeks! I've written just over 50 000 words. Granted, they're not very good words, but this is the longest piece of fiction I've ever written. I even have a cool looking Certificate, that is a PDF file, so you'll have to wait a little longer for the image.

In the meantime, enjoy the biggest badge they have :D

Ok fine, I enlarged it anyway. I'm way too happy. 

You may be wondering what my plans are after NaNo. Well, I'm going to ask/burden my friends with the novel, and hopefully not see it for however long they take to read it. When it gets returned, then, well, we'll see. I haven't made any plans yet. I'm just too happy to have actually won.

Yeah. Basically psyched to have won on my first year. I might even take part again next year, if I have an idea.

To everyone else. It's just a little bit more! You can do it too!

EDIT: I forgot about this yesterday because I was a bit of a rush (I had a test today), but I should definitely mention that I couldn't do this without two groups of people.

The first group would be my awesome friends - Becks, Nic and Ray (yay! Alphabetical order!), who, although they gave up on Day 1, kept encouraging me the whole month. Thanks for listening to me complain about writing, and for offering to Beta Read despite how busy all of you are.

The second, no less awesome group, would be the Google+ crowd. It was basically all your daily posts, updates that kept me going, and the encouraging messages I got. You are all awesome people, and I would be happy to help you in anyway I can. Hopefully, we'll all be doing NaNo together next year too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.