Wednesday, 7 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Week 1 Update

So today's day seven of NaNoWriMo. I'm not as shiong (this is a hokkien word that means fierce, but also means intense - so that's the word I was looking for), as some of my nano buddies on Google+, but I'm quite happily plodding my way through.

I've managed to get some really good writing habits that I can hopefully keep up. I'm writing about twice a day - once in the morning, and once at night. And because I'm using Scrivener, I'm finding it really easy to write by scenes. You see, the problem with me is that I don't have a set plot, and my characters sometimes tell me to write certain scenes first. So it's only as I write that the bigger picture becomes visible.

And it's looking quite cool. My muse has been very annoying (she works mainly when I want to sleep, which leads to frantic phone tapping), but she's working all right. I never imagined I could write as much as I have already have, and the story is totally different from what I thought it would be.

As for word-count... well, I'm not too worried about it. I didn't actually check until Day 4, and I haven't checked for about 2 days. But the last I checked, I'm doing ok. And well, winning would be nice, but for me, the point is to get into the habit of writing everyday.

Speaking of writing everyday, my fellow nano-skype buddies all gave up on day one (yes, I mean you and you know who I'm talking to). I can't blame them though, this isn't the most ideal period, for example, it's exam season in many different places. And school > NaNoWriMo (sadly).

How have you been doing? Is your story as you expected, or is it a lot different?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I love to hear your opinions and stories! (And if you want to guest post, do let me know too!)

If you have a question about the MEXT scholarship, please check the FAQs and anti-FAQs to see if it's been covered.