Sunday, 23 June 2013

TOEFL is OVER

Yesterday, I took the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) for the first time in my life. In the days leading up to it, most of my friends (from Singapore) expressed shock and incredulity - "Why are you taking TOEFL???" was the most common response.

Image credit: australia.edu


And well, when you put "English" as your native language, it makes no sense. But sadly, the university required it.

Hopefully I score high-enough to get exempted from English.

And on the bright side, I went for Karaoke after TOEFL (yes, I love my Karaoke). It almost didn't happen, because my nihonjijyou group almost postponed it. Again. You see, there are only three people that consistently remember about Karaoke, me and two other guys. The other two girls and guy are forever busy.

But after much pleading/whining and a promise to get more people to come, I got my karaoke after all! Because really, you can tell a lot about a person from the karaoke songs he/she chooses to sing.

Plus, my confirmation that Kyudai students are pretty good in English was confirmed when I got my friends to sing in English. They sang Top of the World (which I actually knew how to sing), and it was really fun! And I managed to sing at least one song with everyone (I prefer singing with someone else to doing a solo and subjecting everyone to my vocals).

I don't even remember how or why I have Top of the World in my iTunes, but good thing I did(:

I hope you all have a good week ahead!