Saturday, 16 November 2013

NaNoWriMo 2013 Week 2

Well, we're slightly more than halfway through and I'm really, really behind on NaNoWriMo. I was actually more or less on schedule until this Thursday. I've realised that Thursday is not a very good day for me to write (too many classes, too little time). Normally, I can write a bit more on Friday, but yesterday, my teacher told us that today's supplementary lesson would be a mid-term test. In the form of a speech.

You would think that having gone to ACS(I), I'd have learnt the art of bullshitting and didn't need to worry. But unfortunately, I needed to simplify my English (which means actually thinking of what words to use), and my teacher asked me to do a powerpoint presentation. Only I was asked.

So I skipped golf, rushed home and spent about three hours sourcing for photos and putting together this really nice keynote presentation. And after that, I had an online meeting (Google Hangouts!) until midnight, which is when I went to sleep because I had a test today.

And in proof that I do unecessary things sometimes, the projector refused to work, so I had to present without my slides. But, after all the hardwork I did, I'm determined that someone should see it, so here you go: (yes, I did narrate, but if my squeaky voice annoys you, you can totally turn it off)



So that long-winded story is the explanation for why I'm behind on the word count. But, at least I haven't gotten writer's block yet! The story is progressing pretty well, although I suspect I have too much filler. But that's for me to worry when I'm editing (if I decide I want to edit this) after NaNoWriMo.

This week's excerpt:

Yuu frowns. “Your highness, it is improper to talk so familiarly with the servants, especially one from this village. And you, I don’t know how you manage to get the Prince alone, but you will behave with decorem and respect towards him. 
Ray and I both stare at Yuu. “Geez Yuu”, I say at least, “There’s no one around. Why are you being so mean?” 
“Why are you being so familiar?” 
“Dude, why are you being rude to Mi? She’s like, your best friend. I mean, the three of us are like the three musketeers!” 
“Your highness, while I have been trained from boyhood to serve you, I haven’t met the girl before.” Yuu looks genuinely puzzled. Suddenly, it dawns on me. 
“Ray, this is either Yuu with his memories replaced or a Yuu like character that I don’t remember creating.” 
Ray just groans. “What other characters did you create?”

How are your NaNoWriMo's going on?