Saturday, 2 November 2013

Tokyo Trip Part 2 (Finally!)

After so long, and after the entire summer break, I'm finally back with the second part of how my trip to Tokyo went! You can read the first part here.

The second part of the trip is really the reason why I went back - to attend Church camp. I haven't seen my friends since I moved to Fukuoka, so I really was psyched for the camp!

This year, the camp was in Okutama, where SSAJ had our momiji-gari last year (unfotunately, I can't attend this year's momiji-gari. There were also some campers that I hadn't met before, so I not only got to meet old friends, I got to make new ones!

For me, one highlight of the trip was the annual river-side barbecue.


This year, the river was much shallower (so no diving :/) and really rocky, with some strong currents. This means that I got really terrible scrapes/cuts when I tried to float down the river the first time.

And of course, my friends (the guys) freaked out. They wanted to ban girls from floating because "it's ok if boys get hurt but not girls". =.=

Anyway, most of us girls ended up floating down the river at least once. ^^

The other highlight of the trip was the worship sessions. While I do love hymns in their own way, I also miss singing the more modern worship sessions. So it was really great being able to sing and worship with everyone.

My extremely pretty and talented
friend on the guitar!

Sadly, in order to make my flight back to Fukuoka, I had to skip out on the last morning of activities. But still, even though it was short camp, it was really fun and really refreshing.

That reminds me, I haven't posted anything about my trip back to Singapore right? Since this is a blog about me living and studying in Japan it might be too much of a digression. What do you think?

And by the way, since it's November, I'm participating in NaNoWriMo. Expect to updates about my progress once a week on this blog!